The classic Mediterranean eggplant salad you'll always find on our holiday table.
Three Important Tips for the Perfect Recipe:
- Burn the eggplant completely; don't hold back.
- Garlic & Tahini are the heart of this dish. And guess what? I've simplified it for you 😅. No need to mince fresh garlic, which can sometimes overpower the salad. Use my EVERYTHING TAHINI; it'll elevate both the flavor and texture.
- For that festive touch, impress your family & guests: sprinkle some dill (or any green herbs), pomegranate seeds, and lemon zest.
- 1 large eggplant.
- 5 tablespoons of Everything Tahini (or Caesar Tahini). If you choose a tahini flavor without garlic, add one minced garlic clove.
- Juice from 1 lemon.
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Salt & pepper to taste.
- Finely chopped dill, cilantro, mint, or parsley (for garnish, optional).
- Pomegranate seeds (also for garnish, optional).
- Preheat the oven to 450°. Using a fork or toothpick, pierce the eggplant all over.
- Place the eggplant on a baking sheet. Roast for 20-25 minutes (or longer if needed), turning once, until the skin has blackened and the inside is tender and soft.
- Once roasted, transfer the eggplant to a colander to drain. Let it cool for 2-3 minutes.
- Carefully slice the eggplant lengthwise and open it up. Scoop out all the soft insides into a bowl.
- Time to season! Mix in the tahini, olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Taste and adjust if needed.
- I love adding green herbs on top and an extra drizzle of olive oil.
- The eggplant should be very soft when it's ready.
- I'd suggest roasting an extra eggplant as a backup. Sometimes they can be a bit tricky with too many seeds. Enjoy!