April 25, 2018
5 minuets protein bowl
• 2 tsp chia seeds
• 1 cup coconut milk or water (carton, not canned)
• 1 cup baby spinach
• 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
• 1 tsp ground cinnamon
• 1 Tbs raw tahini ( or nut butter)
• 1 tsp Spirulina powder (optional)
* 1 tsp vanilla extract
* Chopped nuts and/or seeds (to provide crunch and fats) or your favorite toppings
1️⃣Pop the chia seeds into a glass or mug and pour over the coconut milk/coconut water, then give it a little stir. Allow to sit for 5 to 10 minutes to allow the chia seeds to absorb some of the liquid and form a gel.
2️⃣ Place all other smoothie ingredients into your blender. Pour over the chia gel mix.
3️⃣Blend until you have a thick, creamy smoothie. If your blender won't pulse, add in a splash more liquid just to get it going (you can use more coconut milk/water or just add water
4️⃣Scoop the smoothie in to a bowl and top with some crunchy, yummy toppings