Vegan & low carb, it's one of my absolute favorite ways to enjoy a creamy pasta sauce, TAHINI creaminess, so rich & flavorful while adding anti-inflammatory benefits to meal.
1 pack fiber gourmet spaghetti ( follow the instructions on the package)
1 cup tomatoes sauce ( I use raos )
3 tbs pesto tahini ( any flavor will be delicious )
1/3 cup water ( pasta water )
1/2 cup chopped green herbs ( for garnish )
1 tbs of spicy tahini ( as garnish for spicy lovers )
1/4 cup vegan Parmesan ( optional )Salt & pepper to taste
- on medium heat , non stick skillet combine tomatoes sauce & pesto tahini , mix well , it should look creamy pink, let it cook on low for 5-7 min
- Meanwhile add your pasta to a boiling hot water with a pinch of salt, follow the instructions & most important done throw away the pasta water!
- Remember! Don't drain all of the pasta water!!
- Pasta water is a great addition to the sauce. Add about a ¼-1/2 cup of water to your sauce before adding the pasta. The salty, starchy water not only adds flavor but helps glue the pasta and sauce together; it will also help thicken the sauce.
- Mix sauce well, taste and adjust if needed
- Add your pasta, mix well, garnish with spicy tahini drizzle, green herbs & vegan Parmesan, enjoy